Friday, July 17, 2009

Weston's Toilet Adventures

I don't understand toddlers and their infatuation with the toilet. Several months ago we had to remove the toilet paper from the holder and put it up on the counter because on more than one occasion, we would find him batting at the toilet paper like a cat. Toilet paper would be strung throughout the bathroom and the house. Everywhere this kid goes there is a wake of destruction following close behind.

Lately he has decided that the toilet water is much more fascinating. Let's see, I have found him in there with a cup scooping water out onto the floor and drinking it! I have found him splashing in there. I have found him dumping his guitar in the bowl and watching the water flow out of the bottom. I have found him using his hand as a ladle and sucking water into his mouth.

Yesterday tops the stories with my involvement. I was in the other room attempting to clean up all of his horrendous messes. Suddenly I hear some splashing. Great! I dart into the bathroom after him. The light was out so I couldn't really see anything other than his figure bent over the toilet. I run in there to suddenly discover that I am sliding across the floor. I think I must have slid at least a few feet and was going so fast! I end up slamming into the bathtub, toppling over, and slamming my arm into the tub. Not to mention, my entire bum and back was covered in toilet water. Eew!!!!!!! Weston looked up at me with a very confused and stunned look on his face.

I slowly gathered myself together, incredibly sore from the fall (and soaking wet). I picked him up (also wet) and carried him out of the bathroom, being careful not to slip on the lake that was now a beautiful addition to our bathroom. I spent the next ten minutes cleaning him, putting on nice dry clothes, and mopping up all of the lovely toilet water.

Thanks Weston! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment