Thursday, July 30, 2009

My Vacuuming Buddy

(Please ignore the clotheless child - it is way too hot in our house to make him wear clothes)

Weston loves to help me sweep and vacuum. Anytime I bring either out, he is right there with my trying to hold on and do it along with me. Usually when I vacuum, he stand between me and the vacuum and pushes. The other day, he ran to the toy room and grabbed his toy vacuum with a big grin on his face. He vacuumed alongside me in each room. It was SOOOO cute. He would also play a game and try to vacuum the area right next to where I was, or he would come from the opposite direction and run into my vacuum. The whole time he was laughing, giggling, and screaming with delight. He would even try to make vacuum noises (or car noises). I was praising him and thanking him for his help the entire time. He was so excited!


On another note, he is getting so good at cleaning up after himself. After always being around his disaster zone, it is nice to begin to have a little of a clean freak on our hands. Anytime we change his diaper, we hand it to him and he runs to the bathroom garbage can and tosses it in. He runs out clapping and we praise him for the next thirty seconds or so. Sometimes he will even see one of Natalie's laying on the floor and will take a slight detour to pick that one up too. Yesterday he went to throw a diaper away and I hear from the bathroom, "Uh oh!" He comes running out and pulls me by my hand to the bathroom. He points to the garbage can saying "uh, oh, where did it go?" I see the diaper landed behind the trash can so I picked it up and put it in the can. He was quite content now that this was resolved and proceeded to clap for me. He had to of course shut the door behind us as we exited.


He is also an expert at putting his toys away now. Every night before bed, we tell him to pick up his toys and put them in the toy room. He grabs them one by one and runs off to plop them on the floor in the room. He is very precise and makes sure that he gets every toy that is out. He even put his cars in the correct drawer. It cracks me up. I love that he is able to do things for himself now; it makes life so much easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment