Oh I love my little Auggie. He is so adorable, cute, and lovable. I could just cuddle him all day long. I love that he just adores me. If I put him in his swing or in a chair, every time I glance over at him, he is staring at me with the biggest grin. He loves his mommy and it makes me so happy.
Auggie is 3.5 months old. He is our little chub (following in the footsteps of our other two children). He resembles Weston when he was an infant. I catch myself calling him Weston from time to time. It is like going back in time. His full, round face is so precious. His grins are contagious. I remember he started smiling really early. By three weeks he was making real smiles (not just the gassy ones). I could tell he was truly happy. He started laughing at 8 weeks and hasn't stopped since. His laughs are so fun. I don't remember either of my other two children ever laughing this much. It makes me so happy to hear.
Auggie currently sleeps through the night for the most part. He usually goes to sleep between 7 and 9pm and wakes up for the day around 7 to 8am. If he wakes up (about 50% of the time) it is just for a 3am feeding, then he goes right back to sleep. He is usually back down for a nap around 10am and another around 1pm.
He used to have to be held all the time. Since he is deaf, I felt like he needed that closeness and the touch far more than most babies. It made things difficult since I couldn't really put him down and he didn't care for the slings or baby carriers. I didn't get much done the first few months. I feel as his vision is maturing though, he is more comfortable with me setting him down in his swing or in his jumper. He is able to see me when I am in the kitchen doing dishes or sitting at the table with the kids. Like I said before, he doesn't take his eyes off of me. He is gaining his independence (which is nice but sad at the same time). I feel like he is already growing up so quickly. I loved this newborn stage this time around. He was such a cuddly newborn and I love just snuggling up with him. He is so precious.
Auggie has a tendency of looking over his right shoulder. It is extremely difficult to get him to look the other direction. Sleeping, sitting, it doesn't matter - he is looking to the right. It is kind of cute. He also prefers to sleep on his right side. Swaddling is the easiest way to get him to fall asleep. He likes the secure feeling it provides him. If he isn't swaddled, he is like his Daddy and when he falls asleep, he flinches so hard that it wakes him up. Auggie also has a difficult time sleeping anywhere other than his crib.
He loves his brother and sister. He enjoys watching everything they do. They can make him laugh more than anything else - especially Weston. Weston will go up to him and pound his chest or do something else that I cringe at and lecture him to be gentle, only to see Auggie over there laughing his little heart out.
I love my sweet little son!
No comments:
Post a Comment