Friday September 9, 2011
Man do I feel like I am getting old. We just celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. I guess we are no longer "newlyweds" are we? Maybe that ended when we had children.
I am so lucky to have such an amazing man as my eternal companion. He is a kind, loving, hardworking husband and father. We are lucky to have him.
We were lucky enough to have this be his Friday off from work. So, it was nice having him home. We didn't do anything special but I always love having him around. I spent the morning doing a practice GRE exam and Roland took Weston to school and Natalie to the hardware store. We followed that up by going to the gym. The rest of the day was a whole lot of relaxing and playing together.
Due to a football game, our regular babysitter was not free, so we skipped out on our date for the night. But, neither of us felt like cooking so we decided to head out with the kids. We ended up at Taco Bell. Celebrating in style, huh? The kids enjoyed it, as did our pocket books. I think our tummies were the ones that got the short end of the stick. They were doing rollercoasters for the rest of the evening. After dinner, we walked next door and got ice cream cones at McDonald's and let the kids play on the slides. They had a blast.
It was an enjoyable anniversary. It may not have been the most romantic, but I enjoyed spending it with the people I love most. After all, it is a celebration of our family and I am blessed with a great one!






No comments:
Post a Comment