Weston is quite the proud two-year-old. A few days ago we were at the park (as we usually are every afternoon) and I spotted him climbing the playground ladder. I have helped him many times before so I wandered over there to help him. I saw that he was doing pretty good by himself so I stood back and watched him work. It was so cute to watch him place his hands and feet ever so carefully and to listen to the quiet and concentrated grunts. His smile grew with each movement towards the top. When he did finally reach the top, he stepped forward onto the platform. Once he determined that he was secure and safe he glanced my direction with a very large, proud grin. I began clapping, cheering, and making lots of noise in his praise. He loved the attention and began jumping up and down screaming "YAY!" What a fun little kid!
The next several minutes consisted of his repeated ladder climbing followed by mine and his mini-celebrations. Once he felt he mastered that, it was time to move onto the rounded ladder. This took even more mastery and intense concentration. There were a few moments of hesitation and quick glances to make sure mom was still close by for support. He did eventually make the platform though and exploded into an even louder and intense celebration (with me joining in of course).
What a little stud! I love watching him learn and discover new things. Now onto the next challenge!
No comments:
Post a Comment