Friday, October 2, 2009

Weston at 22 months

That's right, he is inching closer and closer to TWO! I actually can't wait until he is two. He is so much fun! He is so communicative. He talks all day long. I am getting to the point where I have to actually engage in his conversations, so this will start to get tiring. It is exciting though to see all that he is learning. These are the words he has added to his vocabulary just in the last month:
  • bank-ee - blankie
  • kole- cold
  • mik - milk
  • fip-fop - flip flop (he will also call it a shoe flop)
  • cup - cup
  • mon-key (followed by a ooh ooh ah ah)- monkey
  • eewww - ant (or any other small crawly thing) :)
  • kale - Cael (his cousin)
  • keen - McQueen (Lightning McQueen)
  • dah-per - diaper
  • up-pease - up please
  • cum-eer - come here
  • et-cha - I'm gonna get cha!
  • mine - mine!!
  • moo-fie - movie
  • ha-dah - hot dog

Tuesday at the park, he yelled after his ball that rolled under a bench, "Oh no! There is the ball!" So, this is technically his first sentence.

Weston can also count to three really well and can usually mumble four and five although I am not sure he quite conceptualizes it yet. He can also identify capitals A, B, C, and D but knows "B" the best. I think he is slowly starting to understand colors. We were coloring as a family the other night and he said "geen," and "boo" so he must be getting something!

He is hilarious. I love watching him learn and explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment