Sunday July 3, 2011
Weston gave his first primary talk on Sunday. He was really excited. When they were announcing who would be giving the scripture and prayer he was informing everyone that he was supposed to go up there. He was very anxious. He also spotted Grandma and Grandpa Summerhays in the audience as well as Daddy (and Natalie asleep in his arms). He kept leaning over to his teacher saying, "Look! It's Grandma and Grandpa!"
When it was his turn to get up to deliver his talk he was all smiles. He did a wonderful job and spoke into the microphone while repeating what I said. It was adorable. He was super proud of himself.
Of course I didn't get a picture of the day because unfortunately my camera is still getting repaired. But, he was super adorable wearing his black shoes, dark blue corduroy pants, white polo, and blue striped tie. What a handsome stud.
Here is the talk he gave on "The Temple is the House of God:"
The temple is the house of God. (Hold up picture of Salt Lake Temple)
We make special promises in the temple. If we keep them, we can live with Heavenly Father and Jesus again. (Hold up picture of Jesus)
When I am older, I can go in the temple and be baptized for people that died. (Hold up picture of temple baptismal font)
My mom and dad were married in the Mesa temple. We are an eternal family so I can live with them in heaven. (Hold up picture of Mesa Temple)
I hope to go in the temple when I am older and be in the house of God. I will prepare now to go inside.
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment