Roland most certainly did not marry me for my cooking skills. I'm not even sure if he realized this before we were actually married but he probably got a clue by watching the things that I ate while I was in college. I survived on macaroni and cheese and spaghetti. I know - healthy!Roland is definitely the cook in our family. He is really good if I do say so myself and he had relegated himself to the fact that he would be the one cooking any grand and glorious meals for the duration of our eternity together. He has introduced me to a whole new way of cooking - using spices! He was not impressed by my bland meals in the beginning and has gradually warmed me up to the idea of adding some flavor to our food. Quite the concept, I know. I must say, I am rather proud of myself.
So, in an incredible feat last week, I did something truly extraordinary. I made fish tacos! I felt like a pro. I must say I was feeling really cool as I was zesting my lemon and mincing my parsley and garlic. I made the lemon herb marinade for the fish and the taco sauce both from scratch. I was feeling pretty fancy.
Best part is, it tasted delicious. Roland even said it was the greatest meal I have ever cooked for him. Quite the compliment. Yay for me!
Feel free to try it yourself. Wasn't even hard! You can get the recipe here, here, and here.
I'm so proud of you! Took me a little while, too. You should start a recipe blog of your meals so I can steal things from them. ;)
ReplyDeleteJon would love this meal. I wish I were a good enough wife to make it for him. But I hate fish and won't cook the nasty stuff for him.
Those look so yummy! I'll definitely have to try those!
ReplyDeleteThat was the best fish taco I ever had!
ReplyDelete