Friday, November 6, 2009

Packing Woes

I have been really bad with the whole blogging thing this month. Oops! I would like to say that it is because I have been packing, but needless to say, that is in some dire need of help as well. I haven't figured out yet how to even start packing - pathetic I know. I have a hard time trying to figure out where to start, what I won't need to get to in the next few weeks, etc. In the past three weeks, I have packed two bins in the toy room, one box in the bathroom, and all of the kids' old clothes. That's it. I don't see how this is ever going to happen. It would be helpful if Roland were ever home on the weekend, but alas, that isn't going to happen either. I have decided that packing by myself with two very mobile kids (who of course never nap at the exact same time) is next to impossible. I think I have demonstrated this by my lack of packing. Also, not being in your own home after dark (which is when a lot of my work usually gets done) does not help either. I guess I do my best work (if you can call it that) when I am under pressure of a tight timeframe but I promised myself that I would actually do a good job of packing this time and get it all done BEFORE moving day. We will see though. Every Saturday there is something that demands ALL of Roland's day and this week it is a campout with the scouts. So, yet again, packing is certainly not going to happen. Has anyone actually discovered yet how to tap into Mary Poppins' magic snapping fingers trick? I could use that right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment