And so it begins. Natalie has been drastically improving her vocabulary over the past few months. I am so proud of her.
So, tonight, to display that new vocabulary.....
Weston was mouthing a piece of rubber that I told him to put down. I caught him with it again in his mouth at which time I told him to take it out. I was reading bedtime stories and Weston was behind me on his bed.
All of a sudden Natalie pipes up, "MOUSE!" and points behind me. I thought she was referring to her mouse book and told her we would get to it. She insisted. "MOUSE!" and pointed again. I turned around to see Weston with the rubber piece in his mouth again. He grins and pulls it out, knowing he was caught.
What a little tattletale she is. I look over and see her glaring at Weston like I do to the kids when I am disappointed in their choice and am letting them know it. I couldn't help but smirk as I continued on with the story.
As I am reading I keep glancing up to look at Natalie who is intently staring at Weston with only minimal interest in what I am doing. A few seconds later, "MOUSE!" I turn around and Weston sheepishly takes the rubber out again and looks at Natalie who is doing her "I am disappointed in you" glare.
Oh my gosh. Priceless.
But, I am thinking we need to nip this thing now. This could get bad.
(And in case you didn't get it, "mouse" is "mouth") :)
that's hilarious haha, atta girl natalie.
ReplyDelete