Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Teaching Moment

Weston went to get a new cast today.  The Dr had to make sure the bones were lining up properly.  After the cast was removed and we were waiting to go take x-rays, Weston was in a lot of pain.  As he sat on the table crying, I tried my best to comfort him. 

Without much success, I finally talked to him about saying a prayer to Heavenly Father to ask him to help his foot feel better.  I started praying with him when he interrupted me.  "Mom!  No!  That is for sleep.  It is not dark in here!" 

Well, mother failure again.  Apparently I need to do better at helping him understand we don't just pray before bedtime.  Oops!

Either way, I think he was still comforted.  He stopped crying and started drawing while we waited for the x-ray technician.  So, I guess I won't count it as a total loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment